This post is short and immediately useful.
Give yourself a reality check on your relationships . . .
Are you practicing soulful relating as much as you could? We took a look at what practices have yielded the most value over our 38 years of practicing evolutionary relationships. We came up with our ten favorites.
The hallmark of evolutionary relationships is deep, spiritual connection. It is a relationship dedicated to the personal evolution of everyone involved.
You can download the PDF of these 10 practices at the bottom of the page and print it out to use as a self-check - or - you could use it to discuss with people who are important to you and share your ideas about it with one another. Or both ;-)
PRACTICES OF EVOLUTIONARY RELATIONSHIPS
1. See problems as opportunities.
Every problem contains the gift of spiritual development within it. Learn to un-wrap
the package by looking at what you might be learning out of the difficulty.
2. Nurture a conscious relationship with your Soul.
The more spiritually attuned you are, the more enlightened you and your partnerships will be.
3. Make choices grounded in love rather than fear.
Become aware of your automatic reactions that are based in fear and look for the
love choice instead. Ask yourself, what would love do or say in this situation?
4. Mutually agree upon strategies for dealing with predictable breakdowns.
Use them when needed for miscommunications, upsets or disagreements. It’s important to have these strategies in place before the breakdowns occur. It is difficult, if not impossible,
to create and implement them in the middle of a breakdown.
5. Commit to win/win outcomes; don't settle for anyone being the loser.
For the partnership to win, all partners need to win. If anyone in the partnership loses, the entire partnership loses. Keep asking questions that lead you to the win/win outcome.
6. Communicate honestly from the heart and practice high performance listening.
People respond positively to the expression of heart-felt truth because it builds trust, even if they don't agree with it. High performance listening is listening without judgment for the
concerns of the other person that may be hidden behind their words.
7. Assume personal responsibility for your emotional reality and refrain from blame.
Blame and projection will pollute the emotional climate of a partnership faster than anything.
8. Take the initiative for the satisfaction of your own needs and wants by making clear requests of others that inspire their cooperation.
Don't wait for people to guess what will make you happy. Nobody likes having
to endure demands or covert manipulation.
9. Share power rather than struggle for it.
Let go of the need to be right all the time. Value others ideas and perceptions as being as valid as your own. Heal your unresolved power/authority issues from the past.
10. Write down the purpose and desired results for your partnership.
A partnership without a stated purpose and intended results is like a ship setting sail without a chart or plotted course. The purpose should be stated in a way that lifts the spirit of all partners. The desired results should be clarified as feelings you want to enjoy
in your partnership.
Click Here to download your Top 10 Practices of Evolutionary Relationships
Your comments and perspectives are always valued here. Please let us know what you think by leaving a comment or question below.